Saturday, April 09, 2005

Apple Juice Kisses


This, folks, is what we at Myra’s call a “cleansing.” Yes it is true. Inspired by my housemate Scott, I have embarked on an apple-juice-drinking binge in the hope of ridding my body of any toxins I may have poisoned it with in the past.
Now, you are probably thinking “that is it. She has finally lost her mind!” And “why hasn’t Zach stepped in to stop her?” Well, perhaps I have lost my mind…but if that is the case, I lost it years ago.

The apple-juice cleansing involves drinking a whole lot of fresh squeezed apple juice for five days. Scott and I have been drinking about six apples each per day. We also eat a couple of apples the traditional way when we are feeling strong.

On the sixth day there we will drink about half a cup of olive oil and hope for the best. There are other details involved and if you are interested I will be happy to email them to you personally.

In the end there is talk of getting rid of any lingering gallbladder stones. Myra has done a number of times over 25 years or so and reports that it does seem to make a difference. The only difference I have noted so far is that fresh squeezed apple juice is much, much better than store bought apple juice. Really. If you happen to own a fancy and exciting juicer yourself you really ought to try it. Try the juice I mean…the olive oil is optional.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark William Strong said...

Hey, surfed on to your blog. spent 8 months in Paia, so it was nice to read something of the island - haha... keep writing!

5:15 PM  
Blogger elvinwheel said...

Wow, try some activated charcoal tabs with that A juice!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home